A dentist or dental hygienist proform dental cleaning. The importance of teeth cleanings is to remove the built-up tartar that develops in tight corners and in between the teeth, where normal daily brushing cannot reach. Professional cleanings are essential in the prevention of cavities and gum diseases. Having a balanced diet and maintaining regular flossing/brushing habits will help in the reduction of plaque development on the teeth.
Why regular cleanings are important
- Can help in the early diagnosis of dental defects
- Helps minimize the risk of gum diseases
- Aids in oral cancer management
- Promotes a white and attractive smile
- Helps promote general wellness
- Aids in the cure of bad breath (halitosis)