A dental implant is a more permanent dental restoration solution. It is useful for people who have lost a tooth or more, and those using dentures. Implants build one’s confidence, esteem level, speech functions, and chewing ability. It is often a bad experience when there is a loss of permanent teeth due to old age, oral diseases, or accidents, but with dental implants, this bad experience lasts no longer.
Dental Implant Restorations facts:
Find below are some of the facts about dental implants.
- Stability – Implants stay the same over a lifetime if taken care of well.
- Aesthetics – Implants improve physical appearance and boosts confidence.
- Healthy Option – With dental implants, there is no filing away of adjacent teeth.
- Natural – Implants have the same look, shape, and feel of natural teeth.
- Durability – Implants blend with the bone, forming a unified durable structure.
The Dental Implant Restoration Process:
Below are the steps used in dental implant restoration.
- The first step is to insert the implant where the former root of the jawbone used to be.
- The implant takes about two to six months to blend well with the jawbone, forming a base for an artificial tooth.
- At the first step, a new replacement tooth is designed, constructed, and fixed to the implant. This restores the natural speech and chewing function of the patient.
- Finally, in case of the loss of many teeth, an implant-anchored bridge is used as a replacement for the missing teeth.