Either a dentist or dental hygienist does dental cleaning. The importance of dental/teeth cleaning is to remove the built-up tartar that develops in tight corners and in between the teeth, where ordinary daily brushing could not get into. This is an important procedure used in the prevention of cavities and gum diseases. Having a balanced diet and maintaining a daily flossing/brushing of the teeth are the most vital habits that help in the reduction of plaque development on the teeth.
Why regular cleaning are important
- It can help in the early diagnosis of dental defects.
- It helps minimize the risk of gum diseases.
- It aids in oral cancer management.
- It promotes white and attractive smiles.
- It helps promote general wellness.
- It aids in the cure of bad breath (halitosis).